Wednesday, April 18, 2007

God Hates Straight People

Let me tell all of you about this story.



Meet Ed, Jeremy, and John. Three friends of mine from high school. Great guys.

On June 17th 2006, the four of us went to a Jazz festival in Indianapolis. Some cool bands were playing. Unfortunately when we got there, the best people on Earth happened to be lurking outside the gates to the jazz fest.



These people.

There were about 6 or seven of them, loudspeakers and all. A crude message of hate disguised by a seeming belief in Jesus Christ. But whatever, it's their right to say whatever they want. As a corollary, it is also MY right to say whatever I want to! So, the guys and I left the park to get some lunch, and on the way back, I said to John, I have a pretty good idea. Knowing me, John said something to the likes of Chuck, what the hell are you up to now? I told the guys what I was about to do, so we went to Walgreens and bought some posterboard and a Sharpie. After we got back to the site with the hate-spewing idiots there, I had some things to say.


God hates straight people.

I started shouting out too... it was a fun time. At first, the loudspeaker guy didn't attack me. he said "He is right! God hates us! All of us!" But after a while they called me a faggot devil and such things.

Lots of people were laughing pretty hard once I got into the gates of the festival. The rest of the festival was a lot of fun. Bonnie Raitt can actually sling a guitar real well.

Okay, I'll stop here.

1 comment:

asdf said...

Nice response. That's the way to do it. & you're going to Spain! I looked at the map, it looks like it's around Bilbao? You're way in Basque country in any case, that is so interesting & awesome. Spain in the summer is hot as balls haha. I'll be around Crown Point this summer a few times, which will of course include some time in cheese-ass. I'll call you when I'm around, or just facebook! Peace baby.